Accessibility & Facilities
- Parking at The Friars is free but a donation will be greatly appreciated.
- There are disabled car park spaces in the main car park.
- There is reserved parking for coaches at the far rear of the main car park
- All children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Lost children must be reported to the reception or to the nearest available member of staff
- We have four dedicated toilet areas which includes disability and nappy changing facilities
- Two toilets are located behind the Tea Room and the other two are located near the Tudor block
- Most of our buildings have wheelchair access, with the exception of first floors.
- There are designated parking bays in the main car park
- Wheelchairs are available at the reception on loan free of charge, subject to availability. The gift shop and Tea Room are fully accessible for wheelchair users
- Majority of our paths are wheelchair friendly but there are cobbles in a few areas.
- Reception is not wheelchair accessible. Please press the bell for assistance.
- Visually and hearing impaired visitors can be assisted by their guide and hearing dogs in the grounds. Regrettably no other dogs are allowed.
- PUSHCHAIRS: Push chairs are allowed.
- FILMING & PHOTOGRAPHY: Professional photography and filming is not allowed on the grounds unless permit is obtained from The Friars.
- AERIAL VIDEOS: The safety of our visitors and birds are of utmost importance to us and for that reason no unauthorised use of aerial videos (drones), planes or helicopters are permitted.
- BBQ: BBQs are allowed only on the Picnic lawn. This is located near the main car park. Please ask at the reception if unsure of the location.
The Friars is open 365 days a year and entry is free.
How to find us
View our map and guide on finding us by road or train.
Map of the grounds
Discover all there is to see and do at The Friars.
Get in contact
Contact us about visiting us or booking our facilities.